Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
A Few Do's and Don'ts
After your Carpentersville, IL home or office suffers from a water damage situation, your primary focus should be safety first! Ask yourself first is it safe, are there any electrical or slip and fall issues, is it safe for me to do? We have professionally trained technicians to respond 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
Give SERVPRO of East & West Dundee/SW Barrington Hills a call at the first sign of water damage to help prevent safety and secondary damages.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (847) 510-3210
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.